Gaskets

Hi All,

As the overhaul continues, i have come towards near completion. This is the time when i need new gaskets all over.  I need new gasket for Clutch cover, i can still reuse my old one but that's wrong, at least not up to the level that i bring the engine now.



But what i really need is the gasket for flywheel cover, where i didn't have any in my stock, nor it was not there last time. I have searched all over for it, but no shop keeps stock. Now i remembered back in the old days, when i couldn't find any parts for the bike. Well, some things doesn't changed much.

So, the solutions is i have to make it on my own, using the cover to make the template. (i bet you guys already knows this) The gasket material is bought a long time ago, 0.8mm gasket paper for universal usage.

I have a punch to make the holes, but since it's already late at night and i have complaints from neighbours downstairs about noises, i need to find other ways to make the holes. Paper Puncher was my bet, and it does work perfectly. How much energy needed if i use the punch, but the paper puncher makes me wonder why i bought the punch at the first place.
The gasket is now completed, now i just need to re-thread back the bolt for the clutch cover, my flywheel side have been done previously. I lubed the bolts before assembly, and torque it to 10Nm configuration for all the bolts.


0 comments: