Front Brake Rebuild

Hi,

This is a real confess of why my bike hit the wall during the MSS race last year. I have a fucked-up caliper. It was sold to me second hand and i didn't bother to change the seal.(well i dont think i'm alone on this one).The oil seal blows where its slowly spit the brake fluid to my disc. In addition to that i also have a DUMMY rear caliper.Nothing much to tell, learn from mistake. End of story.

Now, i managed to find this after i cleand up the disc, and yet my disc is still wet the next day. I have to used back my standard caliper last race. But with the front brake drag i dont get to use the full power of the bike. That is why i HAD to buy this, last week.

BIKETEK Front Stand. Made in China, just rebranded and should i say "repriced".

I have take apart my fron caliper and cleaned them up. For those who yet to know, it's a Brembo Caliper 4 pot 65mm.It got 4 pistons, the sizes is 30mm and 34mm.


There is a replacement oil seal sold on the net,available as new eventough Brembo themselves doesn't sell it. They advise us to change the whole thing. Yeah,right.


The whole thing gonna cost about MYR 300, but it is not complete. I still have the pistons and the seal in good shape, whatever wasn't listed was exactly what i really need.

I still get the seal from the shop, they use another seal from another bike. Good practice but not always work.

More to report when it finishes!

0 comments: